PAYROLL/HR SPECIALIST POSITION SUMMARY:
Career oriented position with dual responsibilities in human resources and payroll. Expectations include the ability to multi-task and maintain a calm demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
- Share responsibilities for phone coverage as needed
HUMAN RESOURCES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain personnel files in compliance with all legal requirements
- Maintain new hire paperwork and employee handbooks
- Conduct new employee orientation
- Maintain I-9’s per legal requirements
- Process new hire and termination paperwork
- Assist with recruiting – posting jobs, reviewing resumes and scheduling interviews
- Handle employment applications and resumes, and log all on Applicant Tracking
- Handle background checks and drug screening
- Manage annual insurance enrollment
- Complete employment verifications
- Assist in updating employment policies under supervision of the HR Manager
- Assist with annual affirmative action plan
- Administer leave of absences in a legally conforming manner
- Ensure compliance with HR laws, rules and regulations
- Learn union contracts and apply union pay requirements
- Enroll, terminate and update employee records in company computer program (Jonas)
- Maintain online employee information for insurance, 401k and other benefits
- Review annual & monthly billings from insurance providers for accuracy. Resolve discrepancies with carriers.
- Cross check insurance invoices for accuracy
- Maintain insurance and 401k spreadsheet
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Knowledge of HR law including but not limited to recruiting, interviewing, hiring, insurance, I-9’s, E-Verify, HIPAA and other related topics.
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to follow through on projects
- Proven analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Natural ability to work professionally under pressure and to respond well to constructive criticism
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org